Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

First Day as Self Employed


Woohoo! I survived my first day as un-employed. It was so nice to be home in the morning and not rushing out at 7am. I enjoyed my cup of coffee at my kitchen table, while I caught up on my blog reading. This was a treat, as I'm usually cramming it in during my break at work. Next I mixed up my Miss Mustard Seed Paint in Kitchen Scale and let it sit a bit.




Here's a before from last week



I like to sand and prep while my paint is softening up. If you let it sit for a 10-15, I find the clumps break up better. I did choose to restain the top with Minwax Wood Finish in Dark Walnut (yellow can).


I love how the milk paint chipped off perfectly. This was exactly how I envisioned it would happen. I'll be honest, this is not how it first turned out. The paint wasn't chipping at all. I sanded it a bit and wiped the drawers down with a wet cloth. Not sure if this would work every time. But it did today!


I honestly don't think I could have achieved more depth in this color.


I adore this vintage camera. It has sat up on display in my house for years, and I finally figured out that it could be used as a prop. One of my current goals, is to improve my photography skills. Much easier to do with my day time now.


Last one. Hope you enjoyed this piece as much as I do. It will be a hard one to let go.


Thanks for stopping by and take care.

Time to party!!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! Love the color. Thanks for sharing this on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday!! Pinning to the highlights board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dresser and it has the perfect chippy! Kitchen scale is one of my fav. colors too. congrats on being able to be home now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DD. I can't wait to put out more pieces. Toast to new beginnings.

      Delete
    2. Thanks DD. I can't wait to put out more pieces. Toast to new beginnings.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful piece of furniture...gorgeous shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choice of hardware - very original
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a pretty color and those drawer pulls are simply stunning! Where did you ever find them? Spectacular job!!!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I totally LOVE this color, it turned out great. and congrats on the self-employment! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is gorgeous. I love the color. Congrats on being self employed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say your first day as self employed was a smashing success! GORGEOUS dress makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a fan of painting wood, but I am totally in love with this dresser. The color and the distressing are gorgeous. Thanks for posting. Hello from Silver Pennies Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Featuring on The Painted Drawer's Link Party! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color, turned out GREAT!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color, it turned out wonderful!! :) Have a lovely day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color and think it turned out very cute! Good Luck in your new ventures. I think you do great with your photography! Stopping by from Friendship Friday. I'm a slow hopper this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.