Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vintage Florence Mirror

Hello Florence.
This is the second color I picked up from my good ol friend Annie {hehe}. I am lovin her paint right now. Let me list the ways I love thou...

1. You don't require prep= time saved=more time for the fam
2. Your colors and fab!
3. Did I mention I don't have to prep?
4. A little goes a long way (because you don't have to put a pile of layers on)
5. Because you are you!

Now, back to the mirror... I bought this piece with a dresser, but wasn't feeling the contour. It has been sitting in my front room (which has caused me to crop many pictures), for too long. Now, imagine living next to me...Every time you walk into your front door and look into my front window, you see a furniture store! Haha. Really? Yes! I made it my goal to start evacuating that room (I'm sure the Fire Marshall would not pass this fire escape), and start painting.

I love the country style detail in the curves at the top.
Check out the close up on the applique.
And this is the before, I almost forgot to take.

Remember this style? Perhaps you had one of these when you were young or just married? Not me...but I would take the new one in a heart beat.




Party

14 comments:

  1. I love this color. So, So, So Pretty! Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. I liked it more, once I painted it.

      Delete
  2. Love it, that's one beautiful mirror. The colour is so nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I saw you did one recently also. Very cute!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVE the color! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-monday-3-link-party.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paint color! So fun! I used a similar color to paint my frames in my living room. Thanks for sharing at Give Me the Goods Monday and we hope you party with us again next week!

    Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinning this! I love how a simple paint color can totally change the look of a piece and make it so much more modern. Now I'll be hunting for a mirror to make over. ;) Discovered you on Jen Rizzo & now following you.

    Have a great weekend!
    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty mirror and I love the new color! Happy weekend!

    Kathy
    http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! what a gorgeous mirror! Who would have thought with that ugly "before" picture...?!?
    Nice work. Great vision.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep, I had a dresser with two of those mirrors. I wish I had them back. :)

    I too paint plastic dresser mirrors with (diy) chalk paint.
    Yours is lovely!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely! Great color. Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.