Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Headboard Chalk Board DIY #2




Hello. What a productive week I'm having, being home with the kids for spring break. I could get used to this. I love having time during the day to work on my projects and posts. I am envious of those that can do this full time. Today my youngest helped me tackle this project. You can check out my previous post, on my last headboard project. Here's the final product from last time.


Today we started with this. 


Typical vintage double headboard. I really was drawn to the chunky top. Wasn't quite sure what to do with the open bottom?


My little helper wanted to paint too. What a perfect small project to task out.


After another coat and some distressing, I taped off the chalkboard part with Frog Tape. My husband swears by this stuff, never bleeds. 

I picked mine up from Home Depot. I use the 1 inch thick tape, it seems to suffice.


I find it much easier to do the outside color and do the black last. I've tried the opposite and I find I do a lot of cutting in after. I'm kinda lazy, and like to cut the least as possible.  


I used a 2 inch foam brush the spread the chalkpaint. I use Rustoleum's Chalk Board Paint, easy to apply and dries fast. I should state that neither of the products are paying me for this post, I just want to share the brands that work for me. Here's what the Rustoleum box looks like, Home Depot sells it for $22.97.



 The finished product. I love it! 





 What a dramatic change.



Hope you like Headboard Chalk Board DIY #2. Don't forget to check out my first post. Thanks for stopping in and take care.

Party Time!






5 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...hmmm...where can I find a headboard like that...you bet I will be looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabatha, what a perfect frame for a chalkboard - so pretty! It caught my eye over at the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Party.
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it. I'm heading out to the barn to get my headboard. Thanks for sharing at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday on Kammy's Korner!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.