Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Gold Mirror Gallery Update


Hello. Hope your week is off to a good start. I'm still waiting for the conditions to be released on the sale of our home. Should be all good for Friday. Last weekend, I hooped E {my youngest daughter}, to come run some errands with me. On our way back we passed a few garage sale signs. Usually she is not game for going, but I must have caught her on a good day. We hit like 8!!! We didn't find much, but what we did score was amazing. I have this small thing for gold mirrors. It started as a collection, then convincing hubby to hang them. He surprised me one weekend while I was gone and hung them all. now I would never complain to him, but I would have squished them closer together. That way I would have room for growth. Here's an over view of the room. That's our sleepy puppy, Cali. I didn't have the heart to move her. She really is such a sweetie. The new mirror is the center one. I did have to do a bit of moving around and remove another. There's no point putting another hole in the wall, with us moving out. Your welcome new owners :)


Gorgeous.


Such beautiful detail in each mirror.




The bottom was broken, therefore she gave me a deal. I paid $10. Sold. Most of my mirrors were bought for over $25 a piece at antique malls. So in my books, that was a steal. What do antique mirrors sell for in your neck of the woods? Just curious.


This is our front sitting room. No Tv. Just for relaxing. Hubby and I spent most of our time sitting here, watching the kids play in our cul-de-sac. {tear} I'm going to miss my neighbourhood.


 Close up of Cali <3






2 comments:

  1. Love your mirrors! I have a thing for a good mirror too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really amazing what you can find in garage sales. If you just keep looking, you might find another diamond in the rough, just like that mirror. It looks like it’s still in great condition. Anyway, I really love your collection, they do give a great accent to the room. Thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


    Doug Lowe @ M & M Glass Ltd

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.