Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Just a Fish in the Sea


Hello. TGIF, right? It has been an emotional roller coaster week for my family and I. We finally received and accepted an offer on our house. I have been kicked out of my home more times than I can count in the last 3 months, sometimes till 9 pm. We had reduced once, and were considering again. If you have sold before, you know the anxiety that comes with listing and selling your home. But the good news is we have a conditional sale, conditions released next week, and possession June 29. Yup, less than a month away. It's not so bad, half of our belongings are in a storage unit in Saskatoon already. And I think we have one large load left. I am beyond excited to move and live with hubby again, and work on starting our lives in a new city. Here's to new adventures. Last night we looked at 53 houses online together. 53!!!! And narrowed it down to 6. Unfortunately our top 3 went sale pending the day before. Hubby did go look at the other 3, but the pictures were deceiving. lol. So, back to the drawing board. Bright side is, we're moving to the lake for the summer until we find a home. That gives me almost 3 months, and our realtor seems optimistic. I guess fingers crossed for now. To sum it up, I'm feeling like a fish in the sea

Hi Stella {our black cat}

A{my oldest daughter} and I came across these 2 fishies in our community thrift store. Prices were marked $4 each. Yikes! I think I could of bought these things new for that price. L insisted we get them for the cabin, and we could make them pretty. Upon paying, the kind lady looked at the price tag and my daughter, and told us $4 for both. L's eyes lit up, and a big smile creeped across her face. She knows, nothing is better than getting a deal. 


I took them in the back yard and gave them a coat of Rustoleum Spray Paint in Mat White. Easy make-over by this gal. Perfect. 


 My summer goal is to relax with the kids and make our cabin a home. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend.


Party Time!!
classyclutter
littlemisscelebration
funkyjunkinteriors
coastalcharm
thededicatedhouse
domestically-speaking
stonegableblog
modvintagelife
kammyskorner
sugarbeecrafts
savvysouthernstyle
gingersnapcrafts
craftyallieblog
cherishedbliss
organizedclutter
theblissfulbee
thehappyhousie
placeofmytaste
theturquoisehome
theessenceofhome
commonground-do
northernnesting
katherinescorner
staceyembracingchange
aglimpseinsideblog
frenchcountrycottage


4 comments:

  1. i thought they were pretty to start with but I like what you have done with them. Have a great tie at your cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come visit you in your cabin? I'll be sure to admire your fish that you got at bargain after all.
    When I was kid we used to go to cabin on Lake Ontario. We lived in Cleveland, OH at time. Cabin was owned by somebody where my Dad worked. Cabin was on Canadian side, quite remote, nice long pier and raft, where I learned to swim, was so pretty there. Wonder if cabin still there, no electricity or running water at that time. Think last time we went was in 1949 as in1950 we moved to Tucson,AZ. Enjoy your summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new fish look. How sweet that your daughter was so excited about her thrifty find. We have a cabin and it was so much fun to go there. Since moving to Florida, we don't get there as much. Enjoy!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I was just bargain hunting today! I didn't find any cute fish, but I did get a couple of cute purses!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.